"The Top 11 Highest Scoring British fighters" (with some surprises?) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SplitRz

Senior Airman
Feb 6, 2021
I've stumbled acros the following video from 'Caliban Rising' - which I duly throw to The Experten for analysis and critique.

Overall, interesting - though it would be more objective and useful if such video works included text links within video for the sources (why don't folk do that, I wonder?)

There were a couple of surprises in there for me, I must confess - not so much aircraft that made it in per-se, but more the numbers of victories scored and the order they appeared.

Its a shame the author mentions the very patchy Hush Kit! I tried not to allow it to colour my enjoyment or trust too much ;)

Which RAF Aircraft Shot Down The Most Aircraft In WW2?

You will find the sources for the video in the title text. Click on show more and scroll down a bit.
Cheers, I've seen those, but they're fairly generic and limited to a list of titles and authors, not really like a bibliography enabling you to easily look something up unless you read through the whole tome. I was meaning that as a quote for a specific authoritative sounding stat is given, a bit of text pops up in the body of the video, preferably with an actual page reference or a URL. I mean the authors already done the work, so it would just be a nice touch I think. (Or maybe its just me! Lol)

I freely confess I'm starting to become a bit obsessed that as the original first hand sources are diminishing and people turn to youtube and the web for 'easy facts', a lot of baseless stuff has been repeated and has become canon regarding WW2 aviation. This site does an excellent job of debunking a lot of them by using verifiable sources and giving specific info. Can youtube creators working on historical documentaries do the same, I wonder?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back