The "ugliest" a/c of all times

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I love the art deco look of the airplanes from the 30's that you blokes are badmouthing. I think they are cool looking (except for that French PoS). Like something out of a sci-fi movie. fugly does not always equate to impractical.

Good pics... keep 'em comin'.

I've always been of the impression that beauty is as beauty does in the mechanical world. That being said, lets hope Airframes does not find this thread.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is another one:

Tupolev_I-12.jpg

Wikipedia:

The Tupolev I-12 (also known as ANT-23) was a prototype Soviet fighter aircraft that never reached production. I-12 was of unconventional design with twin booms made of water pipes containing recoilless rifles and two engines in a push-pull configuration. The aircraft first flew in 1931 but did not enter production due to disappointing performance and operational difficulties such as the inability for the pilot to escape the aircraft without hitting the propeller arc behind him. The second prototype, designated ANT-23bis was never completed.[1]

But Jim, your dryer duct and tin snips "Lightning" wouldn't look as good, or go so ****ing fast !
Now, be a good boy, and repeat after me "Lightning rocks - period !".

Nah, just light the fuse, point in the right direction, hang on tight and GO !!!!
It wasn't nicknamed "Frightening" for nothing, and if you'd seen one take off, climb vertically from wheels up, and then do a stunning display, I'm sure you'd be converted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back