the ultimate recreational vehicle

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW!!! did a little digging. that little bugger costs 120K usd!!!!!! i will have to wait for the chinese knock off version....

Saw something similar 15 years ago or so at a motorcycle ralley. Though it was a three-wheeler and had no road capability. The engine drove the fan and that was it. It had its own little tow-behind trailer and used any country road as an airstrip. As I recall the price was close to 3-4K USD

Saw something similar 15 years ago or so at a motorcycle ralley. Though it was a three-wheeler and had no road capability. The engine drove the fan and that was it. It had its own little tow-behind trailer and used any country road as an airstrip. As I recall the price was close to 3-4K USD

that is what most of the standard trikes are like. they are a lean to steer type craft for the most part. some have rudder like deals to help them steer. again i am not a huge fan of powered paras. i like somethign with a little bit of aerodynamics....like wings and a tail...lol

trike.png

That looks pretty close Bobby. If memory serves, it did have a rudder but only 3 -5 gals of gasoline. Seemed like it would be a lot of fun

yeah they only usually have a 5 gal tank....you have to watch the weight...there are regs governing it i am sure. like for a true ultralight rating an ac cant have over 5 gallons and weigh over 250 lbs empty. i am sure powered paras have their own set of rules too. yeah it does look like fun and i know people who fly them....i just really like wings, tails, and control surfaces...lol

What really got my attention was the portability. A small 4 by 6ft tow-cart and that's it. Airport is any clear country road, maybe 100ft or so. On the list

yep that is the beauty of it. you have a nice stretch of dirt near your home that isnt used that much....you can go fly with the geese. there ya go...you can have a new fun hobby to help you enjoy retirement....

Cool but I Wouldn't mind seeing some footage of them landing the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back