The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting shot !.

Can you post one of your own pics next time around ?. At the moment, as per the first post, we are all using where possible, shots from our own collections we have taken over the years. If you havent got any, can you let us know beforehand ?.

Meanwhile, looks like a drunk Meteor that have been having a bit of an affair with a Tiger Moth....and yup....I know....wrong !

Looking at the general state of the airframe and the foliage behind, to me it looks like a sort of 'long lost' jungle wreck. Initial thoughts where of the B17 Swamp Ghost, but now thinking about it, I reckon its a picture taken from the wing top of a Catalina, looking towards the tail. The huge row of rivets is the wing joint ?

And wether I'm right or wrong, thats just the sort of piccie that'll keep us puzzling for some time

Oh WOW !. If I knew there was something like that in the Woods near me...I'd be camping out each night working on her !!!. That must have been quiet an experience visiting that wreck.....not really jealous !

And you have no idea how dificult it is to find a photo of the wing top of a PBY on the World Wide Wait...once I thought I'd identified the 'plane, I even ended up looking at plastic kit instructions to try and confirm the 'plane.

That was a good one indeed. I'll put one up later for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread