I have done everything at mil power, or its equivalent. These are the curves I have developed
View attachment 798896
I have had a good trawl through the Merlin/P-51 B data and found a complicated situation. No surprise, but I think it shows the difficulty in presenting performance comparison without very specific type data to define the specific machines. The situation is complicated by the vagaries of different superchargers, different carburettors in some comparisons, different airspeeds and RAM (above rated Alt) and different fuels with different Boost ratings at different times and tests. There are also the differences between the RR Merlin, Packard V-1650's and the Packard Merlin for RAF (eg Packard Merlin 266). These differences can be very minor, or great, but there does seem to be complication in the exact specification between some of these builds.
So, overall the V-1650-3 and -7 seems to have reasonable data to help. I do not offer my info as fully researched, just to illustrate what I think are some questions.
I started with my interpretations of your tables for theV-1650-3 and -7.
The -3 was a fairly high alt rating and reads.
1675@15,000 and 1420@27,000 with 1270@30,000. My comparisons here come from Lumsden, doc EO 10A-20A-2 and Eglin test 3 Jun '43. These come out with broad similarity, but some noticeable differences. In sequence these are,
1530@15,700/+16, 1300@26,500/+16, 1100@30,000.
1490@13,750/61", 1210@25,800/61", no 30,000. 61" equals +15.25.
1510@13,000/60.5", 1260@26,000/60.5", 1075@30,000.
These all WEP on 100/130.
The rated alt differences are possibly linked with RAM. But the noticeable difference is the powers. The graph powers are a minimum of +145, +120 and +170hp greater than the data.
Now, on to the -7. With this engine the supercharger drive ratio's were reduced to improve the performance at slightly lower altitudes, being similar to the Merlin 68 and 69.
The graph seems to show,
1670@11,000 and 1550@20,000 with 850@30,000. My comparisons are the doc. EO 10A-20A-2 again and Eglin P-51B test on 67" MAP,high octane fuel.
1590@8,500/61", 1370@21,400/61", no 30,000.
1695@10,300/67", 1390@24,000/67", 1150@30,000.
Here, the low gear power is in the bracket but the high gear power is +160hp minimum, and it would look like this would reflect a 67" (18.2lb boost) manifold pressure.
Additionally, the 30,000 power is 300hp low.
Eng