Three Words Only!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1685212178650.jpg

I'm a rockhound in addition to the airplane obsession. Not long ago I went to Girard, GA, about an hour from where I live and looked for 'Savannah River Agate' which is not agate at all but chert. Same family so to speak, but chert is the ugly cousin to agate. I found one piece that has a fossil snail embedded plus some druzy which is the glittery quartz crystals. The snail is called a Turatella, a sea snail and this one is around 5 million years old according to the research.

Attachments

• fossil 001.JPG
    fossil 001.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 8
  • fossil 002.JPG
    fossil 002.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 8
  • fossil 003.JPG
    fossil 003.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 9
  • fossil 004.JPG
    fossil 004.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 8
  • fossil 005.JPG
    fossil 005.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 8
I'm a rockhound in addition to the airplane obsession. Not long ago I went to Girard, GA, about an hour from where I live and looked for 'Savannah River Agate' which is not agate at all but chert. Same family so to speak, but chert is the ugly cousin to agate. I found one piece that has a fossil snail embedded plus some druzy which is the glittery quartz crystals. The snail is called a Turatella, a sea snail and this one is around 5 million years old according to the research.
Those are cool crystals but I think the post is in the wrong section? This is "three words only."

The Argument Clinic is down the hall to the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back