Tiger (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

renrich

Chief Master Sergeant
Jan 19, 2007
Montrose, Colorado
Tiger Woods has pulled out of the US Open. His golf career has suffered since his marriage crumbled and injury problems cropped up. He was on track to eclipse Jack Nicklaus's number of majors won. I think he needs to win five more majors to overtake Nicklaus. Will he still do it?

As someone who loves to play golf, I really respect the talent that he has, as well as what he did for the sport in the beginning. I however think he is only getting what he deserved...

I concur with both posts and make this point. The golf writers and commentators are wringing their hands and lamenting that Woods is 35 years old and his injuries and on and on with crocodile tears and now he might not pass Nicklaus. My points are that, to me, Nicklaus's record is so great because he had several other "Great" golfers to compete with, Watson and Trevino, just to name two. The only near "great" Woods has had is Mickelson. Let's take a look at the record of, to me, the best golfer that ever lived. Ben Hogan in 1949 had a severe auto accident and his injuries make Woods' look like an ingrown toe nail. The doctors said he would never walk again. I think that 18 months later Hogan won the first tounament he entered after rehab and in 1953 he won all three of the majors he entered. If Woods has half the guts that Hogan had, he can get his game back to where it once was in plenty of time to win four or five more majors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back