Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did not know that any Mustangs were manufactured outside of the U.S.
If you are interested in the Australian ones I strongly recommend this book - it is fabulous!! 464 pages worth.

mustangs.jpg

Here is a new video I just finished. A little different this time, as it focuses on an actual event rather than an specific aircraft. The event chosen to explore was the Battle of the Bismarck Sea, a pivotal battle in the fight for New Guinea. Historian Lex McAulay concluded that the Battle was "thirty minutes that changed the balance of power in New Guinea."

Last edited:

The Westland Lysander was Westland Aircraft's response to an 1934 Air Ministry specification calling for an army co-operation aircraft with short take-off and landing capabilities to replace the ageing Hawker Audax biplane. The rather unique looking Lysander, took to the air for the first time on the 15th of June 1936, and deliveries to the RAF began in June 1938. It saw service in France during the 1940, however was outclassed by the modern air force of Germany, suffering significant losses. The Lysander was quickly withdrawn from frontline service following the fall of France. While quickly relegated to secondary duties, it wouldn't be long before it found a new role, this time with the Special Operations Executive performing clandestine duties.. This was a role that the Lysander was quite successful in. During the war, the Lysander would also see service in Northern Africa and India/Burma. When production ended during the middle of the Second World War, 1,670 had been built.

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here, thought I would give a small update. A lot has been happening on the channel, with a whole range of new videos. Everything from high altitude fighters (i.e. the Welkin and Spitfire Mk.VI & Mk.VII) to WW1 fighters like the Sopwith Triplane and Fokker Triplane. It's been a good few months for the channel. My latest video focuses on what I would argue is the most significant aircraft in history: The DC-3/C-47.

View: https://youtu.be/10y4PO3iMQE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back