Transports

Which transport had the most effect?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Plan_D, thanks 8)

But the aircraft had a lot of differnt designations. The C-53 Skytrooper was the troop transport. it had no reinforced floor or cargo doors.
Over all the plane is a great one, and one that I would love to see fly again. ;)

Good luck getting that to happen. I imagine the CAF probably has one still flying.

It's always a shame when one of the few warbirds left goes down. I found out just a couple of weeks ago that the CAF's He-111 has crashed.

That happened in 2003, I believe. Get with the times. The last flying He-111 went down, killing the pilot if I remember correctly.

I know, but I only heard about it recently. It's pretty sad because I was able to tour that plane a few years ago.

Stuka I like the picture in the sig. The Ju-52 was used for more things but the C-47 survived more maybe because it had more fighters to cover it?

As for the He 111 it was recovered but I talked with the CAF team and it will not be returning to the air, though it might be rebuilt to static, but that is a long shot.

I was reading on the bf 109 that some 34,000 were produced but only a few hundred survived the war :cry:

it is a great shame :cry: i would love to see so many planes flying, even if theyre only replicas. MC.202's, P.108's et al. but im going to a battle of britain memorial flight in a couple of weeks :D should be good :D 8)

also, looking at the poll ive just noticed that the Me-323 has more votes than the Horsa, the Horsa did actually have quite an impact 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back