trasparent

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

modelakias

Airman
Feb 11, 2013
I want to have tinted windows in an F16, and I got this ... but once you get them out of the bottle becomes like GUM ... you know something about it; I was told that is diluted with water ... but nothing ...
DSC00139.JPG
ABCD0013.JPG
...Thanks a lot!!

I have found this here... Violtan.com: Color charts and Info about Art-Paints

Transparent gloss liquid Paint for decorative glass painting.
These paints can be mixed with each other.
Apply a thick layer of paint.
Leave to dry for 30 min.
Apply a coat of protective varnish.
Object can now be washed a damp cloth when necessary.
Clean brush and painted surface with WACO cleaner.

Flammable.
50 ml (1.68 fl.oz)

METHOD:
1. Draw in the outlines freehand or following a pattern using the outlining paste direct from the tube.
Leave the outlines to dry for about two hours.
2. Now paint inside the outlines using a brush.
Leave the paint to dry for approx. two hours.
3. Use a brush to apply protective varnish for Transparent WACO over the painted object.

WACO, Germany

VIOLTAN Notes:
1. WACO Cleaner is high flammable and can be sent only by surface mail.
Use regular Thinner-21 to clean glass before painting, thin the colors for air-brush and clean air-brush and brushes after work.
2. Next layer of paint can be applied by air-brush after 15-30 minutes (touch dry time).
If you work with usual soft brush, you should wait some hours or days while previous layer is completely dry.

Doesn't sound as if it's going to be very good for modelling. There are a number of 'transparent' colours in the Tamiya acrylics paint range, with 'Smoke' being a good one for tinting canopies. As Greg pointed out, the F-16 canopy is laminated with gold, but can look like a normal tint at many angles, so 'Smoke' would do the job, thinned and airbrushed, then, when completely dry and hardened, a coat of 'Future'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back