Treasured footage of legenday Zero is now revived!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

first book i picked. Must be my lucky day.

I gotta agree with Eric, offically the japanese frowned on kill markings but they did not stop it from happening either. They can also be confusing to. Here is a link to some of the kill marking identified from different sources. Most books seem to publish these types of aircraft pictures because they look alot better then an aircraft without unusual markings. But if you look at post war scrap or abandoned aircraft photo's they are harder or more rare to find.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/ai...panese-aircraft-markings-camouflage-9317.html

One thing I seem to see is the kill marks "seem" to be on ether real early aircraft ...Or real late air craft..( or is it just me..???)

Its almost it was OK at first ...Then not in most of the war...Then things got relaxed at the end of the war and they show up again..

from what i've read the A6M3 model 32's wing's were skinned with heavier gauge duraluminum so it could handle higher diving speed's.
also the wing's were manufactured with square tip's becase land-based operation's were becoming the norm and folding wing-tips were'nt neccessary.
most jnaf pilots were not assigned a permanent aircraft ussually taking what was available,which is another reason you don't see kill markings on jnaf fighters.granted there were exceptions

from what i've read the A6M3 model 32's wing's were skinned with heavier gauge duraluminum so it could handle higher diving speed's.
also the wing's were manufactured with square tip's becase land-based operation's were becoming the norm and folding wing-tips were'nt neccessary.
most jnaf pilots were not assigned a permanent aircraft ussually taking what was available,which is another reason you don't see kill markings on jnaf fighters.granted there were exceptions

Very true barkshorn45, you hit it right on the nose. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back