Trumpeters Stringbag

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff. Somehow I interpreted the Sutton harness to pass though a slot part way up the back rest but I can't find any reference to confirm that now.
That is probably correct but I just build it according to the idiot sheets. On that seat there is not any slot that shows where the harness threads through. Trying to get the pe flying wires and cross braces out of the fret is a challenge with out bending them though.

I did get the fuse all together but I dropped it and the IP and the control stick just up and vanished into the black hole of death. Ill have a better look tomorrow..

Here is the thing about my modeling skills. They are so so at best but I am not one to get really caught up in things like this mishap. I just build and post here for the camaraderie. I may at one time impress some body every once in a while so who knows?

I have been having difficulties with the kits pe flying wire. It is hard as brick bat to cut for me and I don't want to shelve this build. I began looking for a suitable replacement and I found that RB productions has a British flying wire kit with pe turn buckles. It comes in two sized. 2 BA and 4 BA. It has 48 wires that are about 7 1/2 inches long. I'll have to wait until next month to get the set but the one question that I have is what size would be the most correct? It's always something.

Perhaps try annealing the connection points on the fret if possible with a small flame such as a candle or lighter. That should make the metal softer and easier to cut through. It will also bend easier, which I understand is undesired of course with the wires, but as long as it constrained to just the ends, they should be easy to straighten by gripping them flat with smooth jawed pliers. Just a thought and something to try if you were considering replacing them anyways.

I can't remember if you can anneal stainless or not. I do know that if you get it hot enough to change color then it will become real brittle in what we used to call sugaring. I really appreciate the suggestion though.. It would have been easier to do this with brass instead of stainless but I didn't make the decision when production began but there are other alternatives..

RBPP32012 1:32 RB Productions - British 1/4'' Streamline Wires

RBPP32013 1:32 RB Productions - British Wire Terminals

Users who are viewing this thread