Trying to find out about the people in this photo (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jul 25, 2009
England
I managed to save these from a dumpster while I lived in Arizona. I worked next door to the Champlin Fighter Collection. When it closed a lot of stuff got thrown away, a lot of stuff that people would want. I couldn't rescue a lot but I did get this. Flight G-1 Class 41-H. So far all I've gained is that it is Kelly Field, Texas. I would just like to know if anyone could give me names and may be where these guys were sent after training. I wonder if any are still around? Any help would be appreciated. I only have the 2 photos and I'm guessing they are of the same training course. So, over to you guys, if you can help

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 49
That kind of wholesale destruction of irreplaceable historical information goes on all the time, unfortunately. I worked at McDonnell Douglas, subsequently Boeing, in St Louis and they moved the company library from one building to another several times. Each time they discarded massive numbers of reports and photographs. Some friends were able to salvage several large 3-ring binders full of 1940s-50s photos from one of the dumpsters, but that was just the tip of a huge iceberg. It's a tragedy for historians.

That kind of wholesale destruction of irreplaceable historical information goes on all the time, unfortunately. I worked at McDonnell Douglas, subsequently Boeing, in St Louis and they moved the company library from one building to another several times. Each time they discarded massive numbers of reports and photographs. Some friends were able to salvage several large 3-ring binders full of 1940s-50s photos from one of the dumpsters, but that was just the tip of a huge iceberg. It's a tragedy for historians.
Same thing happened when I worked at Lockheed. A great library existed a few blocks south of the main Burbank facility. I seen tons of reports and records there that dated back to WW2 and I know when the Burbank facilities were closed down much of this library went in the trash.

Several years later I worked at a company that discarded a bunch of old flight manuals. I was given permission to take what I wanted. I sold several manuals on line to include a set of Convair 880 and 990 flight manuals. Needless to say I made some good "beer money."

I felt it with every single cell of my body!

In short, I was assigned to Army Archives, and it was so tragic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back