Turbo-supercharger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello guys, just joined the forum to chip in a bit.
Super duper cool to see a unit straight outta the box.
Johno, how did you come across it? Let's here the story.
I've got a good portion of one of those monsters. My dad picked it up somewhere along the way. He was a life long general aviation mechanic.
I'll get some pictures up on here eventually.
Here's the service manual: G.E. USAAF turbo-superchargers | Aircraft Manuals / Documents

And an AAF film, There's three parts.

This film has some servicing info:

Those things are hens teeth. Don't tear it up.
By the way, the GE data plate says minimum horsepower is 1000hp.

Nate E.

Hey Wuzak
Just trying to navigate the site as I'm a newby

So the one on a p-38 is the same as a b-17

Yes and no
They were both B type but the inlet/outlet positions were different and there were other minor differences. Changing the inlet/outlet positions was relatively easy as were the other changes like the cooling fitting position. There are several turbocharger manuals on the forum and I am fairly positive there is one shows the different setups - have a look at

Other Mechanical Systems Tech.

Manuals People are looking for (and other pages in that forum)

and/or do a search for turbocharger

Ok maybe someone will jump in and tell us. I don't have a computer
Cheers Darren

On a smartphone, click on the person's avatar - that is the big J icon on your posts, while my avatar is the chequered MiG-21 for example. The menu will pop up, with options 'Follow', 'Ignore' and 'Start conversation'. Hit the last option for the PM (private message). People will also get notification on their e-mail that someone sent them a message.

Awesome Tomo thanks mate.

Users who are viewing this thread