Turbo-supercharger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello guys, just joined the forum to chip in a bit.
Super duper cool to see a unit straight outta the box.
Johno, how did you come across it? Let's here the story.
I've got a good portion of one of those monsters. My dad picked it up somewhere along the way. He was a life long general aviation mechanic.
I'll get some pictures up on here eventually.
Here's the service manual: G.E. USAAF turbo-superchargers | Aircraft Manuals / Documents

And an AAF film, There's three parts.

This film has some servicing info:

Those things are hens teeth. Don't tear it up.
By the way, the GE data plate says minimum horsepower is 1000hp.

Nate E.

IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG
IMG_0400.JPG

Hey Wuzak
Just trying to navigate the site as I'm a newby

So the one on a p-38 is the same as a b-17

Yes and no
They were both B type but the inlet/outlet positions were different and there were other minor differences. Changing the inlet/outlet positions was relatively easy as were the other changes like the cooling fitting position. There are several turbocharger manuals on the forum and I am fairly positive there is one shows the different setups - have a look at

Other Mechanical Systems Tech.

Manuals People are looking for (and other pages in that forum)

and/or do a search for turbocharger
1585874128076.png

Ok maybe someone will jump in and tell us. I don't have a computer
Cheers Darren

On a smartphone, click on the person's avatar - that is the big J icon on your posts, while my avatar is the chequered MiG-21 for example. The menu will pop up, with options 'Follow', 'Ignore' and 'Start conversation'. Hit the last option for the PM (private message). People will also get notification on their e-mail that someone sent them a message.

On a smartphone, click on the person's avatar - that is the big J icon on your posts, while my avatar is the chequered MiG-21 for example. The menu will pop up, with options 'Follow', 'Ignore' and 'Start conversation'. Hit the last option for the PM (private message). People will also get notification on their e-mail that someone sent them a message.
Awesome Tomo thanks mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back