Tweezers.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Time for an upgrade me thinks....these looks alright!

s-l1600 (17).jpg

Good tweezers are almost the most important tool in my shop. I'm constantly upgrading looking for the perfect pair. I just bought a pair of vinyl-tipped locking tweezers to find a cure for the launching of parts into the Quantum Rift. I just got them so I don't know if they'll do the trick. I sometimes spend more time looking for launched parts instead of building/painting anything. That brand looks very good. The points have to be very fine, meet properly, have a non-slip finish, don't open too wide, and have spring pressure that's not too high. The brands sold by the model houses tend to be sup-par. You need to look at the Jeweler's supply/medical market to find the really good Swiss products.

While I do use tweezers and hemostats to hold parts the more than occasional SPRONG launch was very frustrating. About a year ago I came across these at Hobby Lobby and have used them since for most small parts. Being hemispherical one can place the part in almost any orientation and zero sprong launches
2716 stix.jpg

Jim, I personally like them. They also come in a Strong Hold variety. Check out the Flex-i-file web site, lot of neat stuff. I also have their Bronto-tweezers which take a bit of getting used to but are great for weird angles

I have the same pickup sticks as I call them, my only issue is that sometimes they don't release the object being attached and if I am too quick to try I end up pulling the part away. So I usually use reverse tweezers which for me seem to work well.

Have had the same problem from time to time but I generally use, on small parts, Tamiya's ultra-thin cement which "dries" quickly or lately the 3sec UV cements. Then a gentle twist to release. The reverse are also quite handy as you can then concentrate on getting the part in place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back