U.S. Military to allow females in combat (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have no problem with them serving in combat roles, as long as they meet the same standards.

People always say thst women can not meet the physical requirements. That is simply not true. There are plenty of women who can, just like there are plenty of men who can't. Most men serving could not drag or carry a 200 lb man with his gear. You use team work. Women can use team work as well.

People site hygiene as a reason. Its a modern military. We are not living in trenches anymore.

All that should mattet is that a woman can shoot and make the physical requirements. This is a modern military, not 1916 France, 1944 Pacific Island, or 1969 Jungle of Vietnam.

According to ABC, the requirements to become a U.S. Navy Seal are:
Pass a stringent physical screening test that includes the following procedure: swim 500 yards in 12.5 minutes or less, followed by a 10-minute rest; do 42 push-ups in under two minutes, followed by a two-minute rest; do 50 sit-ups in under two minutes, followed by a two-minute rest; do six pull-ups, followed by a 10-minute rest; run 1.5 miles in boots and long pants in less than 11.5 minutes.

IMHO, not too many men can do this, let alone a woman !!

Charles

I think those might be the minimum requirments to just be considered to ENTER seal training, not complete it. Just to graduate from Army AIT requires that you do 42 push ups in under 2 minutes, do 53 sit ups in under 2 minutes, and run 2 miles in under 15.54., if you fail in any one of those 3 you recycle, or don't graduate. Then Army AIT has different requirments for females and males over 22 years of age.

I'm just talking about requirments to be a infantryman or infantryperson, ( how's that for PC) not Special forces or Seals.

Modern ground combat can get just as down and dirty as anything me and my brother encountered in Vietnam, or my dad in WW2. Not everybody is sitting behind a consol controlling a RPV.

Last edited:
An article, in today's (Norfolk) Virginian Pilot says Defense Sec'y Panetta and Gen. Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, signed an order allowing women to serve in combat. However, it says, "the repeal does not immediately effect the Navy's special warfare command and the Army's Delta Force." The Navy's 3,000 special warfare billets, which includes Seals and combatant crew members, will remain closed to women for now.

Joe TO Take note !

Charles

Last edited:
I say put women in combat zones. It used to torque my jaws that females get paid the same and yet have lowered fitness standards.

They joined the military so they can take thier chances like any other guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back