F-15 crashes in lincolnshire (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man, I could never live with myself if I ejected and the plane hit a school. I'm so glad that did not happen and nobody was hurt.

Lincolnshire is a big empty county (in UK terms) so not much chance. During the war my mother cursed when a wellington came down and DIDNT hit her school. She was hoping she wouldnt have to go.

It said on the radio that it was seen spiralling backwards to the ground so I dont think the pilot had much choice or control.

Last edited:
Glad everyone is OK. Unlucky for the pilot though - the only telephone wire for ten miles, and he lands on it !

No casualties is good news.

I used to go shooting with an ex-RAF fighter pilot who had a bit of a mishap over Lincolnshire in a Gloster Javelin. It went into a flat spin - which was unrecoverable in the Javelin - and fortunately landed in a farmers field rather than on a school bus full of orphans or a home for cute puppies :D
Him and his observer had already selected the Martin Baker option...he was always a bit vague as to exactly how the Javelin entered the flat spin :D

I feel sorry for that chief... here come the pee tests and questions. Forms locked up and all that. Man I hated that exercise.

Yeah that was pretty much all he said when he talked to him, was that the **** storm was about to begin. Piss and Bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back