U.S Ninth Air Force (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still more...

Attachments

• Feb 5 1945 (th AF 406 FG 2.JPG
    Feb 5 1945 (th AF 406 FG 2.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 118
and a couple more

Attachments

• Aug 23 1944 9th AF 406FG 2.JPG
    Aug 23 1944 9th AF 406FG 2.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 125
I think that's it for any tactical mentionings, most of the other's are letters of commendation. I'll see if I can find more in his files.

Staff Sergeant in the 513th Fighter Squadron S.E. in the 406th Fighter Group

Attachments

• 1carlm 2.JPG
    1carlm 2.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 7carlm 2.JPG
    7carlm 2.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 146
Col Hal Halverson was my Grandfather. Unfortunately, he never spoke of his military career, so, now I am trying to reconstruct as much as I can.

I am especially interested in reaching out to anyone who may have served with him in Egypt, or with their families who might have correspondence regarding Hal.

Most of his military records have been destroyed, and he did not save any of his own correspondence that we can find.

Sincerely,

Bob Hullinghorst
303-530-0507

As I understand it, the 362nd was part of the 9th AF. Is that correct? I'm trying to locate information on my grand uncle, who was KIA during WWII. Any suggestions on how to go about that? I've sent in a request for his reocrds, but considering I've heard that most of those were destroyed in a fire in the 70's, I'm not too optimistic.

This is basically all I know about him: Chester B. Kusi, KIA 1/22/1945. He was from Minnesota. I've attached a phot of his gravesite with all the information I have on him. Any direction would be greatly appreciated! :D

Attachments

• Chester Kusi Grave.jpg
    Chester Kusi Grave.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back