Unidentified Engine

stonecoldstu316

Recruit
3
0
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Location
Worthing, West Sussex
Website
www.cotcpi.co.uk
Hello everyone

I have an interest in both Second World War aircraft and the paranormal.

Can I ask peeps here to take a listen to an EVP (electronic voice phenomena) ( this is a sound of either a voice or noise which is not heard by our ears but can be caught on digital tape or video) which someone captured on an investigation at an abandoned airfield in East Anglia. This was not captured by myself or my team and to save you listening to the whole 5 mins or so the piece in question is around the 3 min mark.

They leave a video camera running and capture what sounds like a piston engine aircraft go overhead....now they believe it to be a bomber but it sounds more like a fighter to me. I am hoping someone on here will be able to tell me the engine (as I know they make their own distinct sound) and thus be able to narrow down what possible aircraft it could be.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slGP086N1UI

Your assisitance would be appreciated and I thank you for taking the time.

Regards

Stuart
 
HI stuart, in my opinion that sounds like a single eng. possibly a merlin or rolls,maybe a spit or mustang. talk with the boys here they can tell you:D
 
Thats what i was thinking too evan, you dont hear multiple props either
 
Sounds the same as the Lanc but then again I've never heard a Stirling or Halifax or any of those other possible birds
 
Stu: I posted earlier, listening to the sound of the engines, from work. I am
home, now and using earphones and listening about six times, I am almost sure it is a multi-engined aircraft..... probably four engines. One of the four
is just slightly out of sync (or the sound is bouncing off of someting). I've
never heard a Lancaster, so I can't compare. I am almost positive it is not
a single engine aircraft.

I invite anyone to listen with earphones and let me know what you think.

Why is the hair standing up on my arms ??

Charles
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back