Uniform

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

billrunnels

Distinguished Member
B-17 Bombardier
8AF, 303bg, 360bs
Oct 13, 2017
Minnesota, USA
I have only one piece of my WWII uniform and it is special. The "Battle Jacket". It was made by a tailor in London and cost me $75. The red satin lining was the 303rdbg color. It was not accepted as part of the Class A Uniform Until near the end of the war when so many brought them back to the States. However, we wore them while in the UK. It was an optional item and not many purchased them. I only weighed 145 pounds then. When I put in on now there is a 6 inch gap down the front.:rolleyes:
20180329_024157.jpg

I have only one piece of my WWII uniform and it is special. The "Battle Jacket". It was made by a tailor in London and cost me $75. The red satin lining was the 303rdbg color. It was not accepted as part of the Class A Uniform Until near the end of the war when so many brought them back to the States. However, we wore them while in the UK. It was an optional item and not many purchased them. I only weighed 145 pounds then. When I put in on now there is a 6 inch gap down the front.:rolleyes:View attachment 487684
Gorgeous.

$ 75 were a tremendous amount of money in those days!
Made in a world famous tailoring firm in Savile Row?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back