Unknown gun!

varing

Airman
12
1
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Hello!
Does anyone know what model it is? (soviet 23mm)

ePhoto Bay Free Image Hosting - Image : pb051361.jpg
ePhoto Bay Free Image Hosting - Image : pb051363.jpg

munition 23x115 Russian NR / MUNICION.ORG
Help!

Greetings everyone!
 
The barrel in the picture- Whether it is AM-23? Not previously seen. Cannon has found a bunch of scrap metal. There was a propane gas cut in half. There might be different guns? (google translate :confused: )
 
Weird muzzle brake. look like the one used by the MK 103 30mm german antitank gun.
 
The barrel in the picture- Whether it is AM-23?

I don't know if that is AM-23 barrel, but the receiver surely is from AM-23. I imagined that this muzzle brake could be useful for bomber's turrents to prevent fuselage damage by muzzle blast, but I found no picture of Soviet bombers showing it.

There might be different guns? (google translate :confused: )

I'm too ;) If you mean that the barrel may come from a different gun - it sure could.
 
kahuritorupilt.jpg


This is a 23mm gun barrel.
Perhaps someone somewhere has seen this?
 
Last edited:
no, it is different MK 103 Maschinenkanone

I wrote "looks like" no "is" :rolleyes:
 
So- barrel lenght 87cm, muzzle brake 30cm,then going rifling. 10 riflings

torumt.jpg

keermed.jpg
 
Last edited:
The origin of the barrel probably will remain mystery :?::rolleyes:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back