Upcoming....GB 62 - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My stash of Spits flow-ith over. I have to make a decision or two. Like many, I will probably do two. My decision stack!

View attachment 776175

Leaning toward doing the MK.I as the first. Toss up on the choosing from markings available in kit; BoB, pre-war or op Dynamo? Most likely the same 'trees' that Karl is using but the kit that I have also includes a staff car. Got to have wheels! If the same plastic (kit 61119), sans car, then I don't know what Karl is using for the 609 details?? This is the box art for the 25211 kit. Don't want our builds getting mixed up :rolleyes:

View attachment 776177

Also, Karl, where did you find an Airfix MK.24??. I can find a 24 by Eduard but not Airfix, Just curious!
Good stuff Ralph.

Got mine second hand a few years ago from kingkit.

The new tooled (2018) Tamiya Mk I is a nice kit but be sure to follow the instructions carefully. They are quite busy and you need to make some early decisions before gluing the fuselage halves together.

I pulled up your 2020 build/review of the kit. Wow! So much to watch out for!! Like you have indicated, I too have drilled and sliced post assembly AFTER looking back in the instructions to see what I had missed. Thanks for the pot-hole guide.

I think I'm interested in this subject.

IMG_5013.jpeg

I would like to do 3, but I don't think time will give me that luxury.....

First up will be the extended wingtip version HF Mk.VIII flown by Aussie Ace F/O Larry Cronin 81 Sqn RAF
Second MkXVI Clipped wingtip version of Polish 308 Squadron with a host of bombing Mission marks
Third if at all possible Aussie Mk,Vc flown by F/Lt John Bisley 452 Sqn RAAF

I would like to do 3, but I don't think time will give me that luxury.....

First up will be the extended wingtip version HF Mk.VIII flown by Aussie Ace F/O Larry Cronin 81 Sqn RAF
Second MkXVI Clipped wingtip version of Polish 308 Squadron with a host of bombing Mission marks
Third if at all possible Aussie Mk,Vc flown by F/Lt John Bisley 452 Sqn RAAF
I've also got the 32 Tamiya XVI.

Some great choices proposed. I'll enjoy watching these builds progress. I love Spitfires so I'm tempted to join in again having missed the last couple of GBs. I have a number of options in the stash in 1/48 and 1/72. I'll dig them out and have a ponder......

I have noticed that too. Either there weren't applied or overpainted or the result of the censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back