US Aircrew

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
2nd bomb group.jpg
US Airforce pilot ring 1.jpg
US Airforce pilot ring.jpg
USN Mark 2 life vest.jpg
Stuff on US Aircrew, this is just starting so please feel free to add more.

1. Ring is of the 2nd bomb group
2. Second set of rings are US airforce pilot ring
3. Lift vest is a US Navy Mk 2 life vest.

Last edited:
p38add.jpg
usmallinwrap.jpg
cigurate case.jpg
WWII ciguretts.jpg
1. P-38 can opener and instructions on use. Used by solders and personel for open cans of food.
2. US cigarette case with bomber emblem.
3. US cigarette pack

Last edited:
survive.jpg
survive_2.jpg
Army Air Forces C-1 Emergency Sustenance Vest (from my collection)

The World War II C-1 vest was the first military survival vest, and the military used it in large numbers in Korea. Pilots did not normally wear them in flight. Stored in a bag attached to a parachute, the pilots put them on after landing. Typical items carried in the C-1's 14 outside and two inner pockets included: waterproof match case, compass, toilet paper, first aid kit, bandages, flares, .45 caliber pistol and ammunition, fishing kit, lip balm, sunscreen, rations, water bladder, water-purification tablets, signal mirror, gloves and pocket knife.

TO

Last edited by a moderator:
Micdrow,
I wish I could say it was alot, a decent amount though, mostly infantry stuff. Got a few more pieces of aircrew equipment that I'll post as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks,
TO

None the less thats very cool. All I have are documents found from different places. Anything is better then nothing as I say. Again Many thanks.

booties.jpg
DSCN3540.JPG
DSCN3538.JPG
DSCN3536.JPG
aaf.jpg
Some more USAAF aircrew stuff...

1. TYPE Q-1 ELECTRIC FLYING SHOE INSERT
2. B-3 sheepskin trousers
3. close-up of B-3 suspenders
4. A-11 Flight Pants (think they replaced the B-3)

TO

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff guys. Micdraw i think i actually have one of those can openers, i'll check my tool box when i go in today. Iknow my dad had acouple of them

Different manuals for training of pilots, gunners, navigators, bombader and such.

Attachments

• Infantry Equipment manual Europe.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 508
  • Flexible gunnery training.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 430
  • Individual training in aircraft maintenance.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 342
  • Pilot transition to combat aircraft.pdf
    10 MB · Views: 447
  • Bombsite training and maintanence.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 406
  • Individual training of bombardiers.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 388
  • Basic military training in the AAF.pdf
    18.5 MB · Views: 426
  • Combat crew and unit training.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 419
  • Preflight training AAF.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 359
  • Individual training aircraft arnament.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 465
Found a file I had named wrong here, its fixed now. If you find a mistake please let me know and I will fix it. :oops: I seem to be working on to many projects at once and got some files mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a 1944 furlough manual I found on my hard drive, Not sure where I had got it from.

Attachments

• Furlough.pdf
    384 KB · Views: 573
Mic, I found this link that might be of interest to you. You may or may not have already seen it.
WWII Uniforms and Flight Gear (1)
click on the tabs under the "WWII Uniforms and Flight Gear" heading for more pics.

Thanks Wildcat,

Here are a couple of the booklets on the site that I made into pdf format for easier enjoyment.

Attachments

• Electric heated flying clothing Type F-2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 350
  • Electric heated flying clothing Type F-3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 349
Wow! I knew there were different types of wings for aircrew roles, but I didn't know you guys had different types of wings for different types of pilot. Thanks Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back