US Civil War battlefields at risk

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It would be a tragedy (not to mention a disgrace) if these battlefields were lost, IMHO. Although I have not visited any of the sites on the list, I have been to Petersburg and Five Forks in VA and the preservation work done there is awesome. I can't believe that anyone in the US would try to threaten a site like Gettysburg though, surely they have more sense and decency than that?

It would be a tragedy (not to mention a disgrace) if these battlefields were lost, IMHO. Although I have not visited any of the sites on the list, I have been to Petersburg and Five Forks in VA and the preservation work done there is awesome. I can't believe that anyone in the US would try to threaten a site like Gettysburg though, surely they have more sense and decency than that?

You have no knowledge of the money grubbing developers here in the states. For them, when it comes to $ signs there is no decency or common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back