USAAF Victory Credits

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
I just finished getting the USAAF WWII victory credits into Excel. It, too, comes form Jan Safarik's website, available to the public. The total victories awarded amount to 15,448.4.

I did a basic analysis by ranks and theater of operations: 46% in the ETO, 23% in the MTO, 20% in the Southwest Pacific, 7% in CBI, 3% in the Central Pacific, and a very small number in Alaska and Iceland. 45% by 1st Lieutenants, 24% by 2nd Lieutenants, 18% by Captains, 6.5% by Majors, 2.4% by Lieutenant Colonels, and it drops off from there for the rest of the flying ranks.

Data on 1st tab and basic analysis on 2nd tab.

Without further ado, here is the file.

View attachment USAAF_Victories.zip

Thanks Geo, you are welcome.

Since I can't find these data in usable form very much, I'm trying to make it available to the people in here. If I'm curious, I'm sure others are, too.

Unfortunately, this file does NOT have the victim type, so we know the credits, but not the breakdown. Perhaps that will become avialable later, maybe in another file than can be cross referenced.

I suppose we'll see down the pike.

I suggest you guys combine the data into one spreadsheet. I would, but it would become too big to post at some point.

Maybe one of the mods can make the posts with the files attached into a sticky so they are easily able to be found by members and visitors? Maybe just the files and the source? Just a thought ...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the same one I have. If you want to use it, you have to type in what you want ... it isn't saved as text.

But I certainly thank you for the effort!

Last edited:
If you want to use it, you have to type in what you want ... it isn't saved as text.

But I certainly thank you for the effort!

I don't understand. I can copy and paste the text to word or excell.
cimmex

Yes, but it isn't inrtelligible.

When I paste in a table, it is jibberish ... the numbers are there, but scrambled. Maybe you habve a diferent file? I'm not interested in the text ... but the numbers and categories for the numbers.

Last edited:
I found a reference that says the above file was for the USAAF in the ETO, but it was a bit vague sounding and the theaters are an entry. I have other files that say about that number in the ETO alone for the USAAF, with considerably more if the other theaters are thrown in. The disparity is large, making me wonder if the larger numbers are claims and the file above is awarded victories.

I may post the other files an let the forum members make up their own minds ... I'm thinking on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back