USAF Designs, Develops, Builds, and Flys New Stealth Fighter Prototype

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
SAF/AQ announced this week that the U.S. Air Force has designed, developed, built, and flew a new prototype Next Generation stealth fighter in the space of only a year. The image below is of a USAF 2018 concept; we do not know what the new prototype actually looks like.

NDAD-The-New-Stealth-Fighter-730x487.png.jpg

Back in the 80's Bill Gunston had book about future aircraft and showed a hypothetical VTOL design with a blended fuselage/wing and active thrust vectoring instead of a vertical tail. And a number of current flying wing designs have no vertical tail.

Also, word is that the USAF's new B-21 flying wing stealth bomber will be able to operate both manned an unmanned. I suspect the new stealth fighter will be set up the same way. If they choose to operate them unmanned I'd like to suggest an inexpensive ($100) stand in for the human flight crew.
DollBlnde2.jpg
DollBlonde1.jpg

Back in the 80's Bill Gunston had book about future aircraft and showed a hypothetical VTOL design with a blended fuselage/wing and active thrust vectoring instead of a vertical tail. And a number of current flying wing designs have no vertical tail.

Also, word is that the USAF's new B-21 flying wing stealth bomber will be able to operate both manned an unmanned. I suspect the new stealth fighter will be set up the same way. If they choose to operate them unmanned I'd like to suggest an inexpensive ($100) stand in for the human flight crew.
View attachment 595407View attachment 595406
Double the order so that the UAV's can fly in the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes.

That's a much nicer version of Otto Pilot! :lol:

Back in the 80's BiAlso, word is that the USAF's new B-21 flying wing stealth bomber will be able to operate both manned an unmanned. I suspect the new stealth fighter will be set up the same way. If they choose to operate them unmanned I'd like to suggest an inexpensive ($100) stand in for the human flight crew.

Just drop a 100 of them over the lines and there will be no more fighting.

I think it would be a nice change to have what normally is painted on the outside of a bomber or fighter instead in 3D form riding on the inside.

Now, if they could just make one like that would clean my swimming pool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back