UXB found in Japan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love to paintball, but never came across any bombs here in the states haha, though i dont think it would keep me from it even if it were possible, love the sport.

Vietnam is very dangerous right now, and will be for some time because of all the unexploded ordance in that country, whether it be bombs, mines, booby traps, underground amunition stores for the vietnamese, anything could be found. Long time ago a freind of mine, who's parents were from vietnam told me they had an un-exploded warhead from an SA-2 SAM in there backyard.

We never found any while we were paintballing. The whole area wear the paintball field is actually a military training area that was also used by the Germans in WW2. The military finds the bombs.

wow, that's interesting! :shock:

Well I guess you'll never find those things in the U.S. considering we have never been bombed during a major war.

Oh yes we do! Last year, a new housing development was being built on the site of the old Hughes Aircraft runway in Culver City, near Los Angeles. Workers uncovered 2 500# practice bombs while excavating. Seems that the Hughes strip was used for training durning WWII, and a crew must have dropped them right after take-off at the end of the strip. It caused a major commotion, as no one was quite sure they were practice bombs until the Military showed up.

elmilitaro said:
wow, that's interesting! :shock:

Well I guess you'll never find those things in the U.S. considering we have never been bombed during a major war.

Many area's that were once remote area's satisfactory for live weapons training area's for WW2 and Korea are now being developed.

i,m pretty sure there's a beach nr sunderland up in the north east of england that was used as a ww2 aircraft fireing range thats still sealed off today think theres even a dvd available of gun camera footage of shooting up the sand firing rocket etc

You don't have to be in a war zone to find unexploded ordinance. In New Jersey people keep finding handgrenades and even a WWI mustard gas canister in piles of seashells used to pave driveways

They just found an unexploded Allied Bomb right in the middle of downtown Nurnberg 2 days ago while doing construction. They had the whole area blocked off while they defused it and got rid of it.

They do happen in the US, although with the same details involved. A few months back some guys were injured trying to defuse an old Civil War (American Civil War) artillery shell. The fuse was made of wood and they were working on getting it out when--BOOM!

I think it was a low order detonation. Neither had any serious problems...outside of being considered the assholes of the neighborhood.

They do happen in the US, although with the same details involved. A few months back some guys were injured trying to defuse an old Civil War (American Civil War) artillery shell. The fuse was made of wood and they were working on getting it out when--BOOM!

I think it was a low order detonation. Neither had any serious problems...outside of being considered the assholes of the neighborhood.

Do you have a source article about that? I want to read the details!

:lol:

We have unexploded ordinance from WWII even here in the USA. I remember a few years ago they were finding live shells in a housing complex built on an old firing range.

Found 3 US bombs from WW2 in Hannover. The initial report on German tv said they were German V-1 Flying bombs but they were not. Kind of funny how they got that mixed up. Stupid media.

Do you have a source article about that? I want to read the details!

:lol:

I did a search for it online and found it. Turns out the guy was hurt worse than I originally thought. Still, screwing around with a 20lb shell is up there in the "Things to make the lifespan shorter" catagory.

"Article Excerpt
Jul. 27, 2006 (UPI delivered by Newstex) -- A Dalton, Tenn., man is in serious condition after a Civil War shell he was trying to defuse in his home exploded, hospital officials said.Lawrence Christopher, 64, a nationally known collector of Civil War relics, was trying to defuse a deadly 20-pound Parrott shell used in the war, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.He was hospitalized in Chattanooga, Tenn., with wounds to his chest, head and eyes, the newspaper said."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back