Vallejo Acrylic Primer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was just told not to use an acrylic primer with it by someone else, trying to get better standing on this. The paints are supposed to be good but I've had issues with acrylics before coming off when I masked them. I need to get the skinny as much as I can. want to get started on the Cyber Hobby Bf-110 as soon as I can get every thing going. I picked up and Eduard 110 C and the Cyber Hobby 110D-1 as well as already having the D-3 and I have the Revell G-4 due in today I think. Going up to Dales this weekend to spend so modeling time working on Spits MK1s. I think the paint should be in Monday so rearing to get going.

I had problems with acrylic paint lifting the paint off the model using blue masking tape as well as Tamiya masking tape. My solution was found in this Forum....take most of the stick off the tape by sticking it to your skin a few times before applying it to the model. I can't recall paint sticking to the tape any more. For what it's worth, I rarely prime my models.

Geo

Rather than sticking the tape to your skin, which may deposit oils onto the tape, pull it between finger and thumb, whilst exerting pressure. Then, lay a length on your cutting mat, or other clean, dry surface, press it down, then remove it. This action removes any unwanted oils etc - it's then ready for use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back