Vallejo paints....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vallejo Model Air paints are not necessarily better than Tamiya, but they are thinned enough to normally spray direct without further thinning. They do not do very well with a hairy brush. In the past Vallejo was known for not being very accurate in color matching, however in recent years they have refreshed their entire line and the color matches tend to be much better. Personally I use them and Tamiya's as neither line is complete in terms of color matching for every instance. There is a large overlap but each line has colors unique to it. Oddly enough I have had no issues mixing Vallejo and Tamiya together. Works fine.

I bought the Vallejo paint set shown above, and then started buying and building the USN aircraft models. I'm not anything like an expert on USN WW2 colors, but I think the set is reasonably accurate. Here are two models I've done with them. Have a few more to do, as well.

Attachments

• P4280013.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • P1060019.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread