Viktor Bauer profile info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hermann

Recruit
Aug 1, 2007
Hi all,

I'm looking for information (W. Nr., unit, battlefield, date and time) about this profile by Claes Sundin (see the attached picture):

Bf 109 F-4 - Viktor Bauer
Bauer.jpg

PS: I am sorry for my BAD English. :oops:

Thank a lot
Hermann

Hi, Hermann...

Do you have e-mail...? If so, you might like to send me your address in a private message. I have info on what I believe is the same machine, but at a slightly earlier time period, which you might like to see, and compare to the one you provided. Don't have Werk-Nummer to confirm they're the same machine, but you might still find it interesting. I have unit, date and location information, which may be of help to you.

Regards

Viktor Bauer

Viktor Bauer was born on 19 September 1915 at Löcknitz in the Randow region of Vorpommern. He joined the Luftwaffe in 1936 with the rank of Fahnenjunker. Following the completion of his fighter pilot training, he was posted to I./JG 2. On 1 March 1940, Leutnant Bauer was serving with 2./JG 77. Bauer participated in the French campaign with the unit and was to gain his first aerial victory over Belgium on 15 May, when he shot down a RAF Hurricane fighter near Brügge. He gained one further victory during the French campaign serving with 1./JG 77, when he shot down another Hurricane near Cambrai on 18 May. Bauer served in the Battle of Britain. By November 1940, he was serving with 9./JG 3. He gained one victory during the aerial battles over England to raise his victory total to three. On 5 February 1941, he claimed his 4th victory, a RAF Hurricane, over the Channel. This would prove to be last victory gained over the Western front. Shortly before the invasion of Russia began, Bauer was appointed Staffelkapitän of 9./JG 3. In June 1941, he claimed 15 Russian aircraft shot down, including five Russian SB-2 twin-engine bombers claimed on 26 June for his 7th through 11th victories. He claimed 17 victories in July, including five Russian DB-3 twin-engine bombers on 12 July (26-30). Oberleutnant Bauer was awarded the Ritterkreuz on 30 July for 36 victories. On 23 July, Bauer was badly wounded in aerial combat with Russian bombers but was able to make an emergency landing in his Bf 109 F-2 (W.Nr. 8987). He was to spend many months in hospital finally returning to combat duty in February 1942. Bauer recorded his 40th victory on 18 February followed by his 50th on 4 April. On 22 May, he claimed four Russian I-61 fighters shot down (57–60). He claimed a further four victories on 30 June (66-69). Bauer was spectacularly successful in July 1942 recording 33 victories during the month. Five times he shot down four enemy aircraft in a day and twice recorded five victories in a day. On 25 July, he claimed four victories (99-102). He was awarded the Eichenlaub (Nr 107) the next day. On 9 August, he claimed his 106th victory but one day later his Bf 109 F-4 (W.Nr. 13 241) was damaged by enemy fire and Bauer wounded. He successfully carried out an emergency landing. Following his recovery, Bauer was transferred as a Staffelkapitän to Ergänzungs-Jagdgruppe Ost. On 1 July 1943, Major Bauer was appointed Gruppenkommandeur of Ergänzungs-Jagdgruppe Ost, a position he was to hold until 4 November 1944. On 1 December 1944, Oberst Bauer was appointed Kommodore of EJG 1. Bauer served in this role until the end of the war. Bauer died on 13 December 1969 at Bad Homburg.
Viktor Bauer was credited with 106 victories in approximately 400 missions. He recorded 102 of his victories over the Eastern front, including 27 Il-2 Sturmoviks.

Victories : 106
Awards : Ehrenpokal (22 June 1942)
Ritterkreuz (30 July 1941)
Eichenlaub (26 July 1942)
Units : JG 2, JG 77, JG 3, Erg Gr Ost, EJG 1

source-->>Aces of the Luftwaffe - Viktor Bauer

Just picked up a model of Oblt. Viktor Bauers Bf109F-4 when he was a Staffelkaptain for 9./JG3 near Stalingrad, June 1942...

Also have instructions for Lt. Ostermanns F-2 from 7./JG54 Aug 1941 and Oblt. Liesendahls F-4/B from 10./JG2 March 1942...

Anyone have color profiles from the above aircraft??? I havent done a model in awhile so.....

Help?

IL2 Forgotten Battles...

I am infact doing the Viktor Bauer crazy camo job from Stalingrad.... Kit specs are:

21st Century Toys
1:32
Bf 109F-2/F-4

I dont have a sprayer and since this is the first model I've done in a long time, Im goin with the brush....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back