Vulcan XH558 to the skies test flight

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

trackend

Chief Master Sergeant
Dec 20, 2003
Ipswich, Suffolk
AVRO Vulcan XH558 has completed its initial test flight marking many years of work and fund raising to get this plane airborne once again.
The cost of reaching this point has been around 11 million pounds with items such as the titanium exhaust nozzles running at £20,000 each and only very limited life it will be a major exercise to see if (a) she gets her certificate and (b) she is kept flying.
Fingers crossed the first public fly past if all goes well will be at Bigginhill airshow in June.
http://www.tvoc.co.uk/imagegallery/gallery/Flight_Testing/Take Off For RAF Conningsby.wmv

I am planning to go to Bigginhill this year so if she is there I shall take a few snaps, I may even fire up the camcorder and at least try to capture those Olympus engines roaring again.

Excellent news. Would love to see one fly (being to young to remember when they last flew). Anywhere there is a rundown of her appearances this year? Should be going to Leuchars again this year (runway has been repaired) so was wondering if she will make an appearance or is it only Bigginhill?

EDIT: no word on the site that she will be appearing so will say she isn't - only Bigginhill this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back