Watches

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
5,803
43
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Location
Praga Mater Urbium
Hi,

well, I did not know much about watches a Month ago. Being a lucky bugger, I've found luxurious watches on the street (!!!), they just had to be slightly repaired. Because of that, I begun to find info on the internet and soon came across a bidding site, where I won several wacthes,. That is how my collection begun... To be certain - I do collect only mechanical watch, usually no quartz...

Here is what I currently have. But I am going to restore some of these and sell them much higher then I bought them for.

  • Oris Pointer Back 25 Jewels (Worth $1500) - yes, this is the watches I've found!!! 8)
Oris
 

Attachments

  • Image37.jpg
    Image37.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Image38.jpg
    Image38.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Image39.jpg
    Image39.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Image40.jpg
    Image40.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 218
  • PICT0033.JPG
    PICT0033.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 242
  • PICT0036.JPG
    PICT0036.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 230
  • PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 239
  • PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 233
  • PICT0031.JPG
    PICT0031.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 250
And here is some less luxurious but still nice pieces. The overall value of this stash would be probably something like $150. Now, I might add, because after restoration, I'll be able to sell them for $200 each! :D

  • Prim (Czechoslovakia) Golden 17 Jewels
  • Prim Women's 17 Jewels
  • Prim Regular
  • Prim Silver Women's 17 Jewels
  • Prim Datumovka 17 Jewels
  • Zaryia (USSR) Women's 16 Jewels

Show your watches!
 

Attachments

  • 156300134.jpg
    156300134.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Snmek022.jpg
    Snmek022.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 237
  • PICT0051.JPG
    PICT0051.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 222
  • PICT0049.JPG
    PICT0049.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 233
  • primky_gold_17jewels.jpg
    primky_gold_17jewels.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 243
  • zarja_16kameň_detail.jpg
    zarja_16kameň_detail.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 228
When you say you have found them on the street, do you mean from a street vendor, or people are losing their watches?

I like that first one! If you get them cheap....maybe you can hook a brutha up!!!
 
It seems that watches lie on sidewalks in Czech. :lol: Perhaps we should visit Pisis to gun for these.:lol:
A very nice collection Pisis,:thumbleft:
 
My new souvenir from my trip to Český Krumlov. 8)
 

Attachments

  • Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 204
Expanding my collection... 8)
 

Attachments

  • Image14.jpg
    Image14.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 193
  • raketa7.jpg
    raketa7.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Snmek022.jpg
    Snmek022.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 156300134.jpg
    156300134.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 183
No offense meant, Pisis, but I must know nothing about old watches. Those look like something you would find in a pawnshop. Are they worth money or do you just collect them for your own entertainment.
 
Must be a European thing. I've been walking this earth for 40 years but I don't believe I have ever found a single watch on the street. It seems like where your at they fall from the trees like apples.
 
Thank you, Parmi! I am already in touch with several fans like I am, though I need to wait until I hop into a better payment flow in order to be able buying more luxurious watches. What I do collect now is a question of just few tens of Euros...
 
Might be a new definition of find ??? Does tripping someone up, jumping on em on nicking their watch qualify as find ??? im joking !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back