What a shame I didn't get to post this...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm, yeah. The guy was cherrypicking evidence, leaving out the part that contradicts his ideas. On the other forum you could see that he was overflowing the thread with these half truths. He clearly has been working on his story for years and it would be hard for us to dispute all the nonsense that he was saying as we didn't spend years to make up a story.

While I like a good discussion and I am open to debate the truth of the Wrightbrothers, but this is not the way I like it. So as topicstarter, I asked the mods to close the thread.

The thread is already closed, Dave, the posts are still there.
I see that Marcel...such a shame.

But if you have a chance, read that link I posted to the Automotor Journal (before that Simplex clown started posting), it's a very informative read and actually goes into great detail on how the Wrights controlled their Flyer. The language is a hundred years old, so it might be a little difficult to follow at times.

I see that Marcel...such a shame.

But if you have a chance, read that link I posted to the Automotor Journal (before that Simplex clown started posting), it's a very informative read and actually goes into great detail on how the Wrights controlled their Flyer. The language is a hundred years old, so it might be a little difficult to follow at times.
Well, if you had seen the other thread and other stuff on the net, you would understand. The only other way was to ban him.

I already downloaded the stuff to my phone. Nice for the weekend ;)

The guy was cherrypicking evidence, leaving out the part that contradicts his ideas.

Pretty much. The best thing for zealots like this is to ignore them because the same circular arguments erupt and because they refuse to see any point of view other than their own. Thankfully, no one will ever take this guy seriously because of the harm he's doing to his own case.

Not only that, but they miss the point behind the Wrights altogether - they don't see the big picture; it doesn't matter who got off the ground first or who invented the aileron; the fact is, the Wrights put it all together and achieved what no one else had done before - sustained, controlled, powered flight. There's no dubious definition, nor twisting of criteria; the definition is simple. The aircraft had to be able to get off the ground under its own power (which Wilbur proved could be done without the assisted take off device in 1908 - the 1907 Flyer he took to France was the same as the 1905 Flyer surviving at Dayton, OH - the Wrights reasoned that it enabled their aircraft to get off the ground in a shorter space, the length of the rail, NOT just to get them into the air - it was first put into use at Huffman Prairie in 1904), to be able to climb to an altitude higher than ground level, be fully capable of manoeuvring and then land safely without damage to the machine and the occupant. Simple - no ambiguity and the Wrights were the first to do that. What they gave to aviation was far beyond building a controllable flying machine and flying it and most of these idiots don't take that into account.

I agree with you nuuumannn.

I think that is same as the recent question of apology or no apology for Hiroshima.
Our understanding was and still is "A winner doesn't have to apologize to a loser".
Interesting to us, they questioners never ask our opinion but continue arguments among them.
Endlessly.

Folks - I opened up the thread in question - it did have some great discussion until Mr. Simplex started with revisionist BS, we shut it down before it got out of hand. He he decides to show up again, allow the mods to deal with him accordingly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back