What and where are the best aircraft museums in Japan?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

oldcrowcv63

Tech Sergeant
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast North Carolina
Visiting my son in Nara, and wondering if there are any day trips or even an overnight that might provide a glimpse of some of the historic classic aircraft of the IJN and IJA from the late 30's through the early 40's or even earlier for that matter.

So far, I've found:

Tokorozawa Aviation Museum, near Tokyo which seems to have a nice collection of older aircraft including a Type 2 IJ Army biplane fighter.

The Kawaguichi Motor museum with collection that includes an A6M, a Ki-61 and part of a fuselage of a G4M as well as a Willow trainer.

Any additional information or suggestions would be appreciated.

You headed there crow?

Actually there now for a two-week stay. It came at the end of a trip to Munich for which I had to prepare and had no time to do any german sightseeing or perhaps meet with Der Crew Chief which I would have liked to do. Also little time to plan the events here in Japan. Probably do a trip to Tokyo to the few museums nearby the city to see the A6M, Ki-61 and G4M and rumor of nearby Emily! Thanks Aaron (my middle name :) ) I'll do a private post to Shimpachi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back