What do you fly(play) today

What flight sim do you play today the most?

• IL2 Sturmovik 1946 (and earlier) no mods

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Il2 Sturmovik 1946 with mods

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Il2 Sturmovik Great Battles

• Rise of Flight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DCS

• War Thunder

• MS Flight Simulator (2020)

• MS Flight Simulator pre 2020

• X Plane

• Aerofly FS

• FlightGear

• GeoFS

• Prepare3D

• Other

• Cliffs of Dover

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Wings Over Flanders Fields

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dimlee

Tech Sergeant
Feb 18, 2018
It would be interesting to know what are the most popular flight simulators among the forum members.

Il2 Sturmovik 1946 is my number one. I stayed with it for years. Started with the 1st edition (or was it demo?) and then it was my "addiction" until 2008. Long pause, coming back around 2013 and on and off since then. Official versions for online and BAT mod pack for offline. Didn't touch it since March but will return when I have more time in 2-3 months.

New Microsoft Flight Simulator is my number 2. Played a few times and will definitely do again. Awesome graphics and attention to detail. Global map...

Last edited:
Il2 from start till Dover , lost interest for various reasons. I did have a blast of a time playing with JaVA and Jg54. Carpet bombing with TB-3 in a competative game, is something i remember fondly. A lot of us in those things. Somehow we won. No losses. Never could get the same thrill as with this game. Warthunder just to dim witt around.

Only played "War thunder" for short time, did not like it's mechanics. Never played World of Warcrafts or anything from above list ... Flyboy or something like this, which was about flying in biplanes, was interesting for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back