What is your fave ww2 aircraft??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Lanc.

Thanks for correcting me! By the way Lanc, what Lancaster carried "Grand Slam"?

Thanks.

James.

Fighter: Stuck between F4F3, P38L, and Kingcobra (both the 2 .50 cal, and 4 .50 cal models)

Bomber: Either the Sterling (because its beautiful, and is manueverable for its size at lower altittudes), or the Lancaster/Lincoln

Transport: The Gigantic, or whatever that massive transport Germany made was called; you know, the one that had a massive front loading door, and space to accomodate tanks.

Recon: Black Cat PBY, the other ones were IMHO a little too lightly armed; Maybe the Coranado if it was a bombing mission.

Torpedo: B7A, the last Japanese torpedo plane, which was too late to see service off of air craft carriers, and could do in excess of 300 mph.

Actually, the B.MkI specials were the Grand Slam bombers, you're quite right; the Dambusters were "Provisioning" Lancasters. I need to check at home, where I've got my library, to give you the full, precise type definitions, but that'll do to be going on with.

it's ok thanks ndicki i'm quite up on my Lancaster designations as it is :lol: the 32 "slammers" were produced as Avro 683 Lancaster Mk.I (Sepcial) aircraft so that's what i call them, regardless of some documents calling them B.I (Special), i've never liked the B. designations, and the 23 (i think!) Dambuster lancs were the Avro 683 Lancaster Mk.III Type 464 Provisioning, later returned to standard Mk.III configuration, they retain the Mk.III part of the name because, unlike the Mk.I (Specials) which were actually produced as such, the Type 464s were converted from aircraft with a few hours already on the clocks, they were NOT produced in the dambusting configuration.........

Me 410 B2 with a BK5 cannon, sat in a 410 and the all round view is great but would have benefited from less weight in the airframe and more power in the engines.

hawker typhoon is my personal favorite, just looks mean and nasty with the hurricane a close second as a favorite

B-17`s did a lot of Rockin But My Favorite Plane of them all has gotta bee The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang it mat as not been the best inn all area`s but overall it was the best Even Me262`s found that Out............. and as For speed For single engine props there are very very few equals that can add up too the P-51 Inn speed range and Firepower i think the B`s were the finest and the Fastest production P-51 was the H model the fastest P-51 Too Date is Dago Red at 517+ m.p.h. and Dago Red Holds the Fastest Lap Speed ever Posted at Reno also and Strega The Lady`s gonna cast her spell oh and there`s a new one that maybe on the scene a Full Composite Scale P-51G for Air Racing look up cameronaircraft too found out more or too even Help.. ~ZeB~ out P.S. I,m Nut`s

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
Yes that is nice. I have seen that Do-24 before at airshows here in Germany. The aircraft is flown by Erin Dornier whos Grandfather was Claudius Dornier the founder of Dornier. Pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back