what the heck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fly boy

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2008
now there was this book i read saying that in the dolittle raid it was yorktown and enterprise and hornet and enterpisre

I have no idea if a question is being asked, or if a statement is being made. Nevertheless it was the USS Hornet that launched the Doolittle Raid while the USS Enterprise provided cover with its scouts and fighters.

Attachments

• 1942_04_18_cv8_a.jpg
    1942_04_18_cv8_a.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 1942_04_18_cv8_b.jpg
    1942_04_18_cv8_b.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 131
fly boy I think you are confusing The Doolittle Raid with the Battle of the Coral Sea or the Battle of Midway. Those carriers were almost all the US had at the time and went into battle together in early 1942, sometimes with one or the other.

Like Plan said, Hornet and Enterprise were on the Doolittle Raid.

Hey TO, I thought that quote came from the Battle of Midway, not Coral Sea. Am I mistaken?

Thor, the quote is by Ray Spruance (Glen Ford) from the movie "Midway" when the first Jap Carrier sighting is reported. Don't know if it's an actual quote or just a "Hollywood" line, but it's one of my favorites. And since the image in my sig is Robert Taylor's "The Doolittle Tokyo Raiders", it seems to fit.

TO

Here's another good one.....

Nagumo: "They sacrifice themselves like Samurai, these Americans".

That's exactly what the TBD crews did.

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back