What to do with this?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blixie

Airman
Mar 20, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
Hi!
Which film format do these contain? Can I open it and check what's filmed without destroying the film?

Thanks in progress!
20210913_171146.jpg

Probably 16 mm film. It would need to be opened in the dark and run thru the various chemistrys of the development process to see what's on it. You would need to find either a shop or an individual that still does film development to do the work.

Opening the canister in light will fog and ruin any film inside.

Check with Kodak if any office is in Sweden. Info may still be available at Kodak home Office in Rochester, New York, USA. Kodak supplied the film to the U.S. military. They won't develop the film but could suggest some company that could. See if an Air Force photo lab can still process B&W film. It is also possible the film magazine contains unused, unexposed film.

Probably 16 mm film. It would need to be opened in the dark and run thru the various chemistrys of the development process to see what's on it. You would need to find either a shop or an individual that still does film development to do the work.

Opening the canister in light will fog and ruin any film inside.
Thanks, will see what I can do, fine to know what I can't.

Check with Kodak if any office is in Sweden. Info may still be available at Kodak home Office in Rochester, New York, USA. Kodak supplied the film to the U.S. military. They won't develop the film but could suggest some company that could. See if an Air Force photo lab can still process B&W film. It is also possible the film magazine contains unused, unexposed film.
Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back