What was it about the black crosses on the wings that made German aircraft the best? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gJw9DS667UuVOc1xTCoOHeUzXP73oOYe-Tsp_HYH4&usqp=CAU.jpg

They had better black paint, the paint makers of Bayern and Prussia were world famous for the blackness of their black paint. This had obvious advantages in all areas of aviation where a truly black cross was more desired than laminar flow or jet engines. I am surprised that a "mod" asks such a simple question. Black crosses had to be the same size on the upper and lower wing surfaces to avoid making the plane fatally unstable. If crosses were only applied to one side the plane it would only fly in circles, like the Fw 493 "Haggis".

Quite true.
There are also unconfirmed reports, post war, from the Allied Technical Inspectorate (Air), that A.G. Farben, in conjunction with Siemens, had developed and perfected a soluble form of Kryptonite, which could be dissolved into the paint carrier emulsion during manufacture.
This, of course, would mean that anything carrying the black cross applied with such paint, would be invincible .....

They had better black paint, the paint makers of Bayern and Prussia were world famous for the blackness of their black paint. This had obvious advantages in all areas of aviation where a truly black cross was more desired than laminar flow or jet engines. I am surprised that a "mod" asks such a simple question. Black crosses had to be the same size on the upper and lower wing surfaces to avoid making the plane fatally unstable. If crosses were only applied to one side the plane it would only fly in circles, like the Fw 493 "Haggis".

I have my reasons… lol

I thought it was a Horten Brothers post production mark after application of their aerodynamic tweaks. pben's explanation makes more sense.

I have my reasons… lol
Careful study of black crosses post war showed that the advantages in airflow, spanwise lift distribution and reduced drag continued into the supersonic region. Use of black crosses on airlines was forbidden by the WEF to bump up the oil price and assist "big pharma", the Kardashians and Prince Philip in whatever conspiracy theory is in vogue at the time

I forgot to mention, there was actually another additive to the black paint (which was really a very, very, dark grey, RLM Nr.274 Schwerredunklegrau), which was the ultra-secret Schnellerwerdenfeinstaub, a very rare, and horrendously expensive natural resource, found only at the bottom of some carefully hidden ( and heavily guarded) gardens ...

Well, we know that the German moon occupation exercises took place at night, to avoid observation, and therefore the special black paint for the crosses was used on the spaceships / lunar landers, as camouflage.
AGF/Siemens also quickly developed a lighter, grey shade, to make the moon base buildings invisible and totally self-supporting.

The worrying thing is, all of this could / will probably spill out to the general internet and, in the not too distant future, it will become fact !

I forgot to mention, there was actually another additive to the black paint (which was really a very, very, dark grey, RLM Nr.274 Schwerredunklegrau), which was the ultra-secret Schnellerwerdenfeinstaub, a very rare, and horrendously expensive natural resource, found only at the bottom of some carefully hidden ( and heavily guarded) gardens ...
The major drawback to black crosses was always the massive number of long words that no on could pronounce or understand that they generated.

So it's actually SchwerredunklegrauZauberei?

The question now becomes much more complicated.
The noon remains aloft by the same physical principle, i.e., Black in not a COLOR but a lack thereof. Black absorbs all energy and reflects nothing. Black is therefore, in effect, a energy well. It is also a physical principle that perfect ABSORBERS are as a consequence perfect RAIDIATORS of that energy.
SO.... the moon is actually the color of asphalt. Absorbing the solar energy on the DARK (black) side and radiating that energy on the BRIGHT side that faces the earth. The energy outflow balances the earth gravitational attraction. Thus a moon that "floats" across the heavens.
But I digress....German scientists realized this and utilized this principle in their "black" crosses. The upper cross absorbs energy from the sunshine and the lower cross (in the shade) radiates that energy. Thus the aircrafts weight is partially neutralized. The power of the engine then does not need to provide airflow for LIFT and can be used, for the most part, for MANEUVER.
So einfach, Sie können mir jetzt danken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back