What was the worst Aircraft of WWII?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I still don't think the Devestator is in the running for worst plane, ok, it had a bad run at Midway but it wasn't too bad in other battles and operations. At least it did its job sometimes.

The only other action it saw was Coral Sea and the early carrier raids. The Roc didn't see that much action. And I may be mistaken but I believe the Defiant destroyed 17 109s for no loss in one of its first engagements. Are we to claim that it was a decent fighter because of one success? So why claim the Devestator to be anything but a death trap because it had a decent showing at Coral Sea?

Because it was completely devestated. And it's not as if it was a fine plane after Midway, it was completely withdrawn from service because it was a terrible plane.

The Hurricane was basically withdrawn from frontline fighter duties by 1944, is that a poor plane? The Roc was a lot worse than the Devestator, I'm not saying the Devestator was a good plane but it wasn't the worst.

The Hurrican served it's purpose winning the BoB. The Devestator never won anything. The Roc was not so much of a bad plane as it was a bad idea. The RAF specification doomed the plane before Blackburn even began to design it. And the Buffallo wasn't so bad in Finnish hands.

I would agree with that. The British quickly realized it was a terrible plan and pulled Roc from service. The Devestator was obsolete when the war started but was still a key component of the US carrier airgroups.

We didn't see that coming.

:lol: The Manchester wasn't good, but it definately wasn't the worst aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back