what would fare better

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScOoTeR1992

Senior Airman
Dec 19, 2007
right behind you
hello everyone i've got a argument at school with one of my best freinds of what is better at a dogfight a F/A-22 or a MiG-1.44(i think thats what is called) so i'm wondering if any of you's could tell please anything will be greatly appreciated thanks

Hmmmm... good question. :rolleyes: A fielded aircraft with operational history versus an hypothetical development. Stick with the F-22. It's not about the airframe as much as it is about the avionics.

The F-22 is a real aircraft,the Mig 1.44 did not get into production(too expensive for Russians).
The F-22 is what is called 5th generation aircraft.
No other country has this type.
As in all "dogfights",the best driver wins.
Our pilots and naval aviators are the best trained in the world.
The Air Force has flown the F-22 in mock combat against the best aircraft in the world today.(F-15's,F-16's,F-18's,Eurofighters,Typhoons,etc)
It won easily,even at 2 or 3 to one.
My moneys on the Raptor.

As in all "dogfights",the best driver wins.
Our pilots and naval aviators are the best trained in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol: American pilots are the best in the world !! No one else comes close.

The Air Force has flown the F-22 in mock combat against the best aircraft in the world today.(F-15's,F-16's,F-18's,Eurofighters,Typhoons,etc)
It won easily,even at 2 or 3 to one.
My moneys on the Raptor.

Flown against Eurofighters, Typhoons, etc. Really?

Attachments

• smells_like_bullshit.jpg
    smells_like_bullshit.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 81
As Matt kindly points out; the F-22 has not faced up to the Typhoon yet. As for the pilot comment; whether you personally believe that U.S aviators are the best in the world or not (or whether that is true or not) is irrelevant. The role of the aircraft during engagements is becoming larger and larger. The F-22 has superior avionics compared to any other fighter in its class; first off the AESA on the F-22 gives it a massive advantage in any fight - the only other aircraft currently being fitted (some already have it) are F-15Cs and Es. The Typhoon will be fitted with Europe's own AESA system in the near future (2010, if I remember correctly) but until then it will remain inferior whether it has a U.S pilot or an Iraqi one.

Honestly though - there's no distinct superiority of U.S aviators above most other Western nations. I believe it was someone on this site that said "No matter how low you fly there's always a RAF boy below you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back