Where Do You Find Seated Pilot Figures?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mr. Ed

Airman 1st Class
Oct 27, 2009
I admit it: I'm the kind of guy that thinks aircraft models should be displayed in flight with their landing gear retracted. This requires me to instal pilot figures in the cockpits and other positions. But most kits don't come with seated figures, and most of the pilot figures I see for sale are in standing positions. Where do you find seated pilot figures in 1/48th and 1/72 scale? Am I destined to have to specialize in cutting apart standing figures and repositioning them in sitting poses? Geez, that is so much WORK!

There are a few companies who do seated crew figures, in most of the popular scales. I beleive Aeroclub and Dartmoor might still have some listed, but a quick look under the figures section of, say, Hannant's webg-site should give you some ideas. Unfortunately, as seated figures are a somewhat limited market, compared to stanidng/posed figures, these tend to be relatively expenisve for what they actually are, although some nmanufacturers aren't too bad at pricing.

Thanks, guys!

A diecast manufacturer named Hobby Master has released various seated pilots for 1/72 aircraft and there are modern pilots, WWII Russian, US, Luftwaffe and RAF pilots. Search for "Hobby Master pilots" on google and you'll find it.

Thanks, I will. What happened to the good old days when so many kits came with figures?

Airfix still includes Pilots (although the F14A kit I got came with WWII-like pilots!; I painted one as a Luftwaffe pilot for my die-cast Fw190A-7)

Hasegawa includes seated pilot figures in some of their kits as well. I recently painted a couple of Airfix figures that I've had since I was a kid. One was from the He-111 kit and was a little weak, but did the job. The other is from a Ju-87 (actually an MPC kit, which I believe was the U.S. version of Airfix) and was brilliant. I've had that little guy since around 1974!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back