Which is the best-looking Japanese fighter of WWII?

Which was the best looking Japanese fighter of WWII?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rather a senseless comparison, next you will want to say stop cooking shows.

Emeril Lagasse's violence [BAM!], Gordon Ramsay's violent temper, the knife-wielding Julia Child and Martha Stewart's illegal activities and resulting jail time have traumatized generations.
We most certainly should ban such shows and replace them with wholesome fare.

2003967696.jpg

Last edited:
I also like the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden in good looking single engine planes. They also had a very nice twin or two, but my heart is always on the singles for the best looks in foreign planes!
The P1Y2-S Shisei Kyokkō was easily the best looking of the Jap twins.
Just my opinion.

I have to go with the SeaFury, myself. It's aerodynamics at the cowling and spinner give it an edge for me.
It also had a raised cockpit like the Bearcat and that made it much better as a fighter although I do not know the exact performance details of the SeaFury, it is one of my favorite single radial engined planes just because of it's looks. I also like the P-51H because all things considered, it was the single best single engined fighter to enter service during WW-II! IMHO!

There were more F8Fs delivered to operational units than the P-51H.

The first F8Fs were delivered in May, 1945 (VF-19 operational 21 May 1945) and the first P-51Hs were delivered in July, 1945.

Neither saw combat in WWII.

And neither were Japanese made and therefore do not qualify as choices for this thread's poll. ;)
Sort of like the Seafury, right? :lol:

Thought I mentioned the KI-102 in this thread already, but it had great lines and excellent performance, but like many high-performance Japanese types, arrived too late to make a difference.

Last edited:
Ok, we did the Russians, how about the Japanese? This is totally subjective, what Japanese fighter do YOU think was the best looking? Again, I'm likely to forget one, so bear with me. I don't know whether to include a couple of types, A7M, for instance, that didn't see combat. I think I'll not-- only types that saw combat.

Without a doubt THIS was the best-looking Japanese fighter of WWII!
Japan,%20P-51C-11-NT,%2044-10816,%20Evalina.jpg

For me a close call between the Ki-61 and Ki-84. No votes for the Ki-44?????? That thing looked like a pumped up FW-190!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back