Which modern plane best matches its WW2 counterpart?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

im still thinking about the P38L and the eurofighter. both are rally fasr interceptors. (and can be used for other missions ;) )

Thanks,

How about this one F-111 - Mossie Bomber/fighter low or high for those jobs brute force just doesn't cut it.

wmaxt

I would put the mossie to the F-111 - My father in law told me the F-111 would just continue to build up speed until it started to self-destruct! :shock:

mosquitoman said:
B-29 and B-52: Both have the word fortress in their names, made by the same company, both very heavy bombers

That works, I was thinking B-1 and B-29 because they both are the heavest, advanced, 4 engined and fastest of their day.

wmaxt

Other than the Tactical Strike and Reconnaisaince bit I dunno..I dont really see a link. I think the TSR-2 would be better suited to something that perhaps didnt see service...

hawker typhoon and sepecat jaguar both had good ground attack capabilities.

and

handley page halifax and avro vulcan
both carried large bomb loads and both had long range capabilities.

How about this one:

The Mossie to SR-71.

Both served as spy planes, The Mossie was unarmed at one point and the SR-71 was always unarmed. Both were also pretty fast for their days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back