Who was better

Which ACE would have shot each other down in a dogfight better iN A DOGFIGHT

  • Lydia Litvyak (in a yak 1)

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Erich Hartmann (in a ME 109E)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either could win

    Votes: 1 25.0%

  • Total voters
    4
I think it depends on if its a Tuesday or a Wednesday.
Wednesday
 
Changed my mind. If it's a certain time of the month then I choose Lydia every time, on the basis that I have learnt never to argue with my wife at those sensitive times.

PS this isn't sexist, its self preservation.
​
 
One thing that marks all aces out apart from their count of victories is their ability to survive. At the peak of their game in evenly matched planes I don't think many top aces would get a shot on another unless a head on.
 
You're putting a 12 victory 66 combat sortie Ace against a ace that would eventually fly 1404 combat sorties and and get to 352 victories.
WHY ?

Then put Hartmann in a variant of the Bf-109 he never flew in combat, by the time Hartmann got to the front the Luftwaffe was flying the G models of the 109.

With out some parameters I'm puzzled why the question is even asked .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back