why it is more important than ever to arm yourself

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bobby, you and Dave are, IMHO, directly on target. The Att. Gen, can say what he will but it is not illegal to state an opinion. As Bobby states I can despise anyone and state it publicly. I cannot, however advocate violence or harm. The old "Yelling FIRE in a crowded theater"
While several Muslim groups have publicly condemned terrorism we also have this:
Leaders of the local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations – a group named by the Department of Justice as an unindicted co-conspirator in a terror-financing case – have pinpointed the blame for the attack carried out in California by a Muslim husband-and-wife team: America.
"Let's not forget that some of our own foreign policy, as Americans, as the West, have fueled that extremism," CAIR Los Angeles chapter director Hussam Ayloush told CNN

I have also felt for a long time that small town heartland America is a prime target. I look at my local city and think how easy it would be for a dedicated group to kill hundreds with little or no official response.
Dave as ever hits it dead-on: A BIG ASS can of worms to say the least

more like 2 huge piles of crap...you have to pick which one you want to walk through... choose the one you wish but no way in hell are you are coming out of this smelling like a rose....

what people ( mostly the media and do-gooders ) fail to understand is it is not against the law to be a bigot or to despise any group of people. I can hate whom I wish if that is the kind of person I am. It IS against the law to specifically deny them anything based on that bigotry. so, I cannot deny anyone entrance into my establishment, not let them purchase my services or goods, or exclude them in any way, etc., etc., etc., because my feelings towards the group to which they belong. freedom of speech ( among other freedoms ) is going to get a good work out in the coming months...

The word bigot should be struck from the language, the definition is :-
: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Since paedophiles and terror groups are "particular groups" hatred of them is by definition "bigotry"

I'm armed and, as stated by others, I advise others to do the same. I plan on getting a CCW in short time, again I advise others to do the same. I know the risks in today's day. I would rather go to jail than to allow others to die while I save myself. I don't mean this to sound political all. I don't see it as political; I see it as my citizen's duty to fight all hostiles meaning to do my fellow countrymen harm. Don't get me wrong. I'm not encouraging vigilante's running around shooting everything that looks out of place. But, we can't sit by while France and Cali just happen again. A little common sense wouldn't hurt either.

Dev's feel free to delete this if you think it break's the rules. I apologize if so.

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven,
I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs,
I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens
and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back