Wildcats from USS Ommaney Bay

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Klavs81

Recruit
Oct 2, 2006
Hi guys, I need your help!

I am looking desperately to find the squadron markings for FM-2 Wildcats flying off USS Ommaney Bay with VC-25 in either 1944 or 1945? I'm afraid that since the carrier was sunk, there's a lack of any photographs out there.

Can anybody point me in a helpful direction? I'm going crazy trying to find these refs. They are for an art project for one of the veterans of the Ommaney Bay, but I'm afraid he doesn't remember the squadron markings.

Cheers,

-Klavs

Ok I just spent a couple of hours going through some stuff and I believe you either have the incorrect ship or the incorrect Squadron. I'm showing VC-25 never having been stationed on the USS Ommaney Bay but on several other CVE's instead (some of them in the Atlantic). Are you sure about the Squadron and/or Ship?

I have the image/design for their unit emblem , need a leather patch for your display/jacket , drop me a pm ..............................
Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back