Woodvale Rally UK 2011

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tangopilot89

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2011
Lancashire, UK
Hi everyone!

Apologies for not posting for a while. Well, I'm back and I thought I'd tell you all about one of my recent excursions.

Woodvale was held on 6th-7th August and was initially a classic car rally, but R/C model aircraft, boats and trains were also featured. To name a few, there was an Me109, two P-51D's, Lancaster, B-17, B-29, Handley-Page Victor and various others.

The best part by a mile though was the Battle of Britain Memorial flight giving a flypast at treetop height. Once was a formation flypast, then broke formation and the Lancaster came back at treetop height. Got a few clips on my phone. I will try and find out how to get them on here for you all.

One question, I have become interested in learning to fly model aircraft. Has anyone got any tips for starting out i.e. what would be an ideal starter aircraft?

Thanks,

Andy

Look forward to seeing the pics, especially as I once lived near Woodvale. There's a member here who coincidentally lives just up the street from me, who might be able to advise you on starting out in R/C. His user name is something like Wavy Dave, or Wavy Davy, and he normally only looks at the flight sim section. Maybe a PM to him might get some info ?

Thanks for the tip Airframes. I've had a look and the closest user I can find is daveywavy. Just want to check if this is the right one before I start PM'ing.

I just thought I'd ask on here before I committed myself so to speak.

Andy

Yep, that'll be him I would think. If you have problems contacting him, let me know, and I'll call in on him.

Hi Airframes, I've tried contacting him and I don't think I've got through (not familiar with the PM system on here and I don't now how often he comes on here). Would appreciate it if you could call on him and get back to me please.

Andy

OK, will do. Might take a while, as I'm out and about, and I think Dave is away at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back