World War III 198X (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

futuredogfight

Senior Airman
Dec 22, 2010
Reading new books
I've been reading The Third World War, August 1985 by Gen. Sir Jon Hackett on what he an other NATO officals thought WWIII would be like. I dicided to create this thread for you to create your own WWIII secnario during the 1980s. so go ahead, get creative!

F#$^ You..No, F@(# You...bang,bang....ratatatatat, ratatatatat......boom,boom..........KA-BOOM, KA-BOOM...................Crickets...........................................................

Geo

WW3 in the 80's would undoubtably start in Europe.
My last duty in the Army was in Germany, my older brother finished his 20 years in the Army in Germany also. One thing we'd both agree on is the US Army in Europe in the middle to late 70's had a bad drug problem. By my own observations it was bad enough to cause severe problems had we actually been in combat. My brother was in a completely different sort of unit, he was airborne, I was ordnance. But both of us encountered the same problems. I could see similiar problems, maybe not as bad, maybe worse at other units on the same post. I talking a CO who smoked grass with the troops, 1st Sgt, drunk during duty hours, etc. .

If the Soviets had decided to cross the Fulda gap in the middle 70's, they'd rolled over the US Army like it wasn't even there.
Maybe the Army corrected most of it's problems by the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back